Sunbelt has five departments which contribute to different stages of manufacturing support equipment. These departments are the machine shop, welding, assembly and test, finish and packaging. In addition to these manufacturing departments, Sunbelt has an Engineering Support department which will contribute extensively to the prototype development cycle. The following paragraphs provide a brief description of each department.
- CNC Machine Department - Sunbelt operates American made Haas CNC machines. We have seven machines, with capacities up to 80" travel. We also have several manual mills and lathes.
- Fabrication & Assembly - Sunbelt has fabrication and assembly equipment to support DOD manufacturing, including tube benders, hydraulic presses, shear, rolling machine, iron-workers, crimp tools and rivet machines.
- Welding Department - Sunbelt has an experienced precision welding department with calibrated TiG and MiG machines. Welders are certified to customer requirements, such as AWS D17.1 or prime contractor process specifications.
- Finish Department - Sunbelt has an in-house finish facility that can apply industrial and DOD finish systems, including CARC.
- Packaging Department - Sunbelt produces all crates in house to DOD and ASTM standards. ALSC certified to produce wood packaging to ISPM 15 export standards.